A savory spread or dip that is also healthy. Pumpkin is a very good source of vitamins and potassium and when used to make hummus not only provides a nice color but a smooth balanced combination with the spices.
- 2 (15 oz) cans Garbanzo beans – drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup Pumpkin seeds (or sunflower)
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 TBL Lemon juice
- 2 TBL Tahini
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 0.75 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cumin – ground
- 0.5 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Paprika – for garnish
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting
- In a food processor (or blender), puree lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and salt.
- Add garbanzo beans and olive oil and pulse until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, cumin, cayenne pepper and pumpkin seeds; process until well blended.
- Refrigerate hummus in airtight container for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with paprika when served.