This is a simple recipe that will amaze your dinner guest and have them thinking you’re a master gourmet chef. The nice part is that there really isn’t any tricks or places to mess up and it tastes great, along with being healthy.
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 2 cups Couscous (364 g)
- 2 oz. pistachios (56 g) – chopped
- 2.25 cups chicken stock (18 oz.) – can use veg stock or water
- 2 scallions sliced thin
- Kosher salt and Pepper
- Mis en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients before starting.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add couscous and nuts. Stir often as they toast to light brown. be careful not to burn the couscous. Drain on a paper towel lined pan to remove excess oil.
- Heat the chicken stock to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Next you have the option of
- spreading the couscous on a pan so the entire pan is covered 1/8th to 1/4″ thick and pouring the stock over it and covering with film and leaving it to soak for an hour, or
- dumping the couscous into the simmering stock and being ready to serve in 10 mins. In this option, you cook covered until the moisture is fully absorbed.
- Remove cover and add scallions. Season to taste and serve.