You’re thinking “What?” But what the hell, right, if Starbucks can make a pumpkin something, so can you. And besides, this is sure to make your date remember you over all the other losers she’s been dating. And, this is actually a pretty good tasting soup and if you substitute the sugar for an equivalent sweetener, you have a Keto friendly soup.
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 32 oz. Chicken stock
- 15 oz. Pumpkin – canned is best
- 16 oz. Cheddar cheese – shredded.
- 4 oz. Heavy Cream
- 3 oz Water
- 2 cups Mushrooms – sliced
- 0.33 cup Corn Starch
- 1 Onion – diced
- 4 Garlic cloves – minced
- 1 TBL Sugar – or equivalent sweetener
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Tuermeric
- 0.5 tsp Ginger powder
- 0.5 tsp Cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste – optional
- Croutons -optional
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting.
- Heat Dutch Oven pot on Med-high and cook sausage with mushrooms and onion.
- Drain excess liquid and add garlic. Cook 1 min.
- Add stock, pumpkin, sugar, and seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 mins.
- Stir in cream.
- In separate bowl, whip corn starch with water until smooth.
- Stir into soup and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. This should thicken the soup.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve with optional croutons.