This is a dish that taste so good you’d even make it during your non-keto cycles. It’s easy to make, requires little prep time and serves either four or eight depending on sides and what sort of crew you run with.
- 1.5 lb Sirloin steak – thinly sliced, can use other meat as well
- 1 lb Mushrooms – sliced
- 16 slices of Provolone cheese
- 4 Bell peppers – red is my preference but it’s a personal choice
- 1 TBL Olive oil
- 1 Onion – diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting.
- Preheat oven to 235 F (160 C).
- Slice bell peppers either in half along equator or along side depending on how you want to present them.
- Place peppers in baking dish and bake until tender, ~30 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on med-high
- Add oil and let it get hot.
- Add onion and mushrooms and cook until soft ~6 mins.
- Do not add salt, it will drain the moisture from the mushrooms.
- Add steak strips and cook ~3 mins.
- Stir in Italian seasoning and now add salt and pepper in stages to taste.
- Put a slice of cheese along the bottom of each baked bell pepper.
- Top with steak mixture
- Top that with another slice of cheese
- Switch oven from baking to broiling and broil the bell peppers until cheese is golden brown and melted (~3 mins).
- Garnish with parsley.