A classic East Indian cuisine that’s made in a slow cooker. You can adjust the spiciness of this dish to your taste but don’t be afraid to let yourself wander to the edge of how good Curry can be when let all the flavors have a say.
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Thighs – skinless, boneless, and cut into halves
- 1 Cauliflower head – cut into florets
- 1 Onion – finely diced
- 28 oz. Can diced tomatoes – drained
- 2 TBL Tomato paste
- 2 TBL Ginger – grated
- 1 TBL Curry powder – homemade of course
- 0.5 tsp Kosher salt
- 0.5 tsp Black pepper – ground
- 0.25 Cup raisins (maybe optional but I like them)
- 0.5 Cup Cilantro – chopped for garnish (optional)
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato paste, ginger, curry, salt, and pepper together until smooth.
- Add cauliflower, chicken, onion, and raisins and coat
- Pour mixture into the slow cooker set on low temperature.
- Cook on Low until chicken is cooked through, ~6 to 7 hours
- You can cook on high for 4 – 5 hours).
- Serve with Saffron rice and garnish with cilantro.
Note: Don’t forget to make the Naan, or our dinner guests will be disjointed no matter how good your chicken curry is.