This is a nice summer side that not only goes well with burgers and hotdogs, but also for your more special plating’s, such as with Apricot-Almond chicken. It is quick and easy, but I should warn you it has a calories from added sugar. If you decide to try for less sweet, cut back on the vinegar or it will be to sour.
- 16 oz. fresh, canned, or frozen corn
- 16 oz. onions – diced
- 16 oz. cucumbers – seeded and diced
- 16 oz. tomatoes – diced
- 1 green pepper – diced
- 8 oz. sugar
- 8 oz. cider vinegar
- 1.5 tsp celery seed
- 1.5 tsp mustard seed
- 0.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Process – prepare yourself, this is long and drawn out….
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare ingredients before starting.
- Warm a large saucepan as it heats, combine all of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until thickened.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold