This Keto friendly recipe has got everything you need to make a classic American meal. Because it’s Keto, the recipe calls for almond flour. If you are not going keto, then use regular flour. There are a lot of ingredients, so you know it’s good.
- 2 lbs. Ground beef – high fat cause it’s keto
- 6 Bacon strips
- 2 Eggs – beaten
- 1 TBL Olive oil
- 1 Onion – diced
- 1 Celery stalk – chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves – minced
- 1 tsp Oregano – dried
- 1 tsp Chili powder – NM chili of course
- 0.5 cups Almond flour
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese – shredded
- 0.5 cups Parmesan cheese – shredded
- 1 TBL Soy sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease a bread pan.
- Warm skillet and then add olive oil. Let get hot, then add onion and celery.
- Cook ~5 mins until onions are translucent.
- Add oregano, chili, and garlic. Cook 1 min.
- Mix beef, sautéed vegetables, cheese, flour, eggs, and soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Shape into loaf and top with bacon strips.
- Put in baking pan and cook 1 hour.
- If bacon starts to crisp, cover with foil.
- Leave in pan to cool at least 10 mins. Remove from pan and slice.