This marinade was created for flank or skirt steak that is going to be either grilled or cooked on a flat iron at high heat. While it seems simple, it has the right combination of spice and sour to bring the steak the alive with flavor. It is recommended that you marinade for 24 hours prior to cooking, which is a bit long but since the salt level is low it won’t dry out your meat too much.
- 2 oz Olive oil
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder – New Mexican of course
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl to make a paste.
- Rub or brush onto steak getting a consistent coating.
- Wrap steak in film.
- Leave in fridge 24 hours to marinade.
- Remove from fridge 1 hr prior to cooking to come to room temperature (leave film wrap on).