I use this simple recipe for pasta dishes, including lasagna and pasta with fish or pasta with bacon. It is both quick and simple. The only caution is be careful not to burn the sauce while simmering.
- 3 TBL butter
- 1 garlic clove – minced
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. dry white wine
- 5 oz. grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese – divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp fennel – if mixing with Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley – minced
- Mise en Place – gather and prepare your ingredients before starting.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through
- Stir in parsley
- Mix in any meat you may want to use, such as bacon or shrimp*
- Serve over pasta or in lasagna, or etc.
Note: if you are serving a pasta shrimp dish, then between steps 3 and 4, using a different pan, sauté the shrimp in either butter or olive oil. Add shrimp after butter/oil is hot. Cook on one side for 2 minutes and on the other side 1 minute. Add to sauce in step 7.