Here is a collection of short stories and essays, some of which are stand alone, while others are pieces pulled from longer works.
From: THE CALCULUS OF A COVID COVERUP
A nonfiction investigation into government death data with rather a startling outcome. Paperback release planned for Summer, 2022.
From: THE WORLD’S A SCARY PLACE
A nonfiction narrative of how capabilities and resources at the Los Alamos National Laboratory are used to keep America, and it’s citizens, safe from a constant barrage of menacing threats and vulnerabilities. Hardback release planned for Fall, 2022.
Outline – Thesis statements for each chapter in the book
From The Novel: WHAT IS TO BE DONE
Book one of the, WHAT IS TO BE DONE, trilogy
Concluding the country is in desperate need of intervention, a group of gifted scientists assume nothing can be done. In the aftermath of chaos following the release of a human engineered virus though, they realize something must be done – that is until fate intercedes in the form of Sympatico escaping Miguel, a human trafficking sociopath.
- Synopsis – An overview of the WHAT IS TO BE DONE trilogy
- Imaginary Numbers – Two diametric souls occupying the same space
- Cowboy Coffee – Importance of doing what needs to be done
- Passions of a Padre – Sermon on persistence
- Jake and Emelia – Tale told from loss to life
From The Novel: TROPHIC CASCADE – The Rise and Fall of Quiet Acquiescence
Book two in the, WHAT IS TO BE DONE, trilogy
What if there’s more to love than, you can’t bear the thought of being without them, want nothing more than to see them happy, and never want to leave their side? What if this thing called love is not romantic, is not a form of friendship, and is not the love one feels for family? Is it even love, and if not, what is it? This is the question Jake and Sympatico must sort out, while the American’s for a New America (ANA), set out to bring down a powerful human trafficking ring and allude capture by Alvarez, the Watcher sent to hunt them down.
- Trophic Cascade Outline – Chapter breakdown with brief summary
- That First Necessary Step – Sympatico ventures out on her own for the first time since her tragedy
- Social Nullification – Chance lies about what really happened in Worland, the night his life unraveled
From The Novel: RAINMAKERS of REVOLUTION
Book three in the, WHAT IS TO BE DONE. trilogy
The country’s crumbling, with freedom and submission staked out on opposite sides of the same tarnished coin. Political pettiness couples with corruption to complement the feckless incompetence of leaders who lack the integrity to resign after inconceivable failures. Meanwhile, the single thread laid bare for anyone curious enough to notice, is that the oligarchs in charge stealthily proceed as planned. So it falls on a ragtag crew to become the rainmakers of revolution, the last bastion for a faltering nation.
- Dominic and Denali – A story of Love and Loss but not Lost Love
- The Trumpeter of Krakow – The history of the Hejnal Mariacki
- Proof On the Existence of God – Could science finally prove the existence of God
From The Novel: NAVIGATING ENTROPY
A ne’er-do-well from Chicago is thrust into a self-sustaining life when he inherits his uncle’s ranch in the Northern New Mexico wilderness, a ranch whose history is a microcosm for everything noble and evil about humanity.
- Marquez Mountain – Importance of being tied to the land
From The Novel: UNDERLYING CONDITIONS
While complying with COVID caused changes, a saleswoman with underlying conditions meets a furloughed Chef refusing to acquiesce to the new normal.
- Coffee Kiosk – Random encounter at the home improvement center
- Rendezvous – Marcos prepares a parking lot picnic
- Kyle from Kabyle – The journey is the destination
- The Curious Case of Unaccounted for Corpses – Investigating discrepancies in CDC death data
- How Truckers Killed COVID – A satirical look at the implications of the Canadian Trucker convoy
- Emmett’s Fix-it Shop: It’s Time to Wake the Woke – Being “Green” is not necessarily green
- Missile Crisis 2.0 – Hard to say Russia doesn’t have a point
- Supreme Court Math – What the math says about identity politics
- Why Nations Wage War – What if world leaders started war and no on showed up?
- What if the Cure is the Cause – Exploring an interesting hypothesis
- Journey Away from the Politics of Science – From the illogical to the absurd
- Please Opt Out of Inauguration Day – A father’s open letter to his son
- Another Nail In the Coffin of American Democracy – Compromised Election
- In the Shadow of Mount Rushmore – Trump’s visit of South Dakota
- The Languishing Lack of Something to Look Forward To
- Children of Thalidomide – Should we take the COVID cure
- Birthday Memories – in the era of COVID
- History’s Most Consequential Prediction – that most never heard of
- Opting Out – No longer consenting to follow my Governor
- Mea Culpa of Grocery Day – Shopping during COVID
- Old Otowi Bridge – Putting COVID into perspective
- Critical Care Nurse – Chance encounter with a COVID nurse
- Subconscious Gets Its Say – Forced to face the COVID Crisis