Here is a collection of short stories and essays, some of which are stand alone, while others are pieces pulled from longer works.
- Please Opt Out of Inauguration Day – A father’s open letter to his son
- Another Nail In the Coffin of American Democracy – Stolen Election
- In the Shadow of Mount Rushmore – Trump’s visit of South Dakota
- The Languishing Lack of Something to Look Forward To
- Children of Thalidomide – Should we take the COVID cure
- Birthday Memories – in the era of COIVD
- History’s Most Consequential Prediction – that most never heard of
- Opting Out – No longer consenting to follow my Governor
- Mea Culpa of Grocery Day – Shopping during COVID
- Old Otowi Bridge – Putting COVID into perspective
- Critical Care Nurse – Chance encounter with COVID nurse
- Subconscious Gets Its Say – Forced to face the COVID Crisis
From The Novel: What Is To Be Done
Concluding the country is in desperate need of patriot intervention, a group of gifted scientists assume nothing can be done. In the aftermath of chaos following the release of a human engineered virus, they realize something must be done – that is until fate intercedes.
- Passions of a Padre – Sermon on persistence
- Imaginary Numbers – Two diametric souls occupying the same space
- Jake and Emelia – Tale told from loss to life
- Cowboy Coffee – Importance of doing what needs to be done
- Dominic and Denali – A story of Love and Loss but not Lost Love
From The Novel: Navigating Entropy
A ne’er-do-well from Chicago is thrust into a self-sustaining life when he inherits his uncle’s ranch in the Northern New Mexico wilderness.
- Marquez Mountain – Importance of being tied to the land
From The Novel: Underlying Conditions
While complying with COVID caused changes, a saleswoman with underlying conditions meets a furloughed Chef refusing to acquiesce to the new normal.