This Keto friendly recipe is for shrimp in a heavy cream sauce with tomatoes, spinach and basil. It has a decidedly Italian flare and if you use all fresh ingredients you will be rewarded with a great plate of food. For your nonKeto dinner guest, you can put this over angle hair pasta and serve up some fresh garlic bread for a full Italian meal.
- 1 lbs. Shrimp – medium, peeled, and deveined
- 1.5 cups Cherry or Grape Tomatoes – halved
- 3 cups Spinach – baby if possible
- 0.25 cups Basil – thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 0.25 cups Parmesan – grated
- 3 Garlic cloves – minced
- 4 oz. Heavy Cream
- 2 TBL Olive oil
- 2 TBL Butter
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges – optional
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting.
- Heat large skillet on Med-high. Add oil and let warm.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp to hot oil. Sear 2 mins on each side and then set aside.
- Reduce heat to Med. Add butter and let melt.
- Add garlic and cook 1 min.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted ~2 mins.
- Add cream and let simmer 3 mins.
- Add basil and parmesan.
- Add back shrimp and let warm.
- Serve separate or over a bed of pasta. Garnish with fresh basil ribbons.