To see other recipes, visit my culinary blog.
Here is a quick pizza crust recipe that does not require any rise time and can easily be worked in to either a thin or thick crust.
- 218 g (1 cup) warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 343 g (2.5 cups) bread flour
- 20 g (2 TBL) olive oil
- 7.5 g (0.25 oz.) active dry yeast
- 5 g (1 tsp) sugar
- 6 g (1 tsp) Kosher salt
- Garlic salt
- Mise en Place – gather and measure your ingredients.
- Prepare pizza toppings, i.e., cook sausage, make sauce, grate cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 deg. F. fan or 450 deg. F (230 degrees C) conventional.
- Pitch yeast – add yeast and sugar in warm water. Cover with towel for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, salt and oil to mixer, then add yeast. Mix on speed 1 for two minutes, then on speed 4 for four minutes (to knead).
- Rest dough for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and work into the desired shape and thickness. A roller works best but can use hands.
- Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or a pan that’s dusted with cornmeal.
- Slightly prebake the crust for 4-5 mins before topping
- Top with desired pizza ingredients.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool pizza 5 minutes before serving.