A simple dessert or sorbet that’s easy to make but you have to plan in advance and unless you have mint growing in your garden, it will be a bit expensive to make, but relative to other desserts not so bad.
- 1 cup mint leaves (chopped, packed)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar add more if not sweet enough, I like it somewhat sour
- 1/4 cup sweet white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Put ice cream bowl in freezer at least 24 hours before using if you are using a kitchenaid attachment. Otherwise, follow your ice cream machine instructions.
- Mise en Place – gather and prepare your ingredients.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring the chopped mint, water, and sugar to a simmer.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat slightly, and cook for about 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and cool the mixture to room temperature. If you are in a hurry, transfer the mixture to a glass bowl and soak in an ice bath.
- Stir in the white wine and lemon juice. Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours. I put in the freezer an hour before making.
- Follow your ice machine’s instruction to make the sorbet.
- Garnish with lemon zest and mint leaves.