This tangy shredded beef dish is made in a slow cooker and puts an Asian spin on shredded beef. You can serve this over rice or even as a taco or burrito with a tangy twist that will surprise your friends at the next exciting Chicago Bears watch party or poker night.
- 3 lbs Beef roast – chuck works well – trimmed
- 0.5 Onion – diced
- 0.5 cup Brown sugar – dark
- 3 oz Soy sauce
- 10 Garlic cloves – sliced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper – diced, retain seeds if you want it hot
- 1 TBL Ginger – grated
- 2 TBL Rice vinegar
- 1 TBL Sesame oil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting.
- Put roast into slow cooker on High.
- Add rest of ingredients
- Cook on 8 hours (or on Low for 10 hours).
- Shred meat with a pair of forks and stir into the slow cooker liquid.
- Serve over rice with stir fried vegetables.
- Serve like you would a BBQ pulled beef plate with their usual sides
- Serve with tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.
- Use in a breakfast omlet