This is a tasty and Keto-legal kind of casserole that is easy to make vegetarian, but it won’t taste near as good and will be reducing both the fat and protein you need for your keto diet. But if you’re a vegetarian, you’re probably in the wrong the place, I cook for health and taste and vegetarian cuisine is neither.
- 2 lbs. Butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into 1″ strips
- 0.5 lbs. Bacon – chopped – before cooking is easiest
- 2 TBL Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves – minced
- 2 TBL Thyme – chopped, or 1.5 tsp dry
- 1.5 cups Mozzarella – shredded
- 0.5 cups Parmesan – shredded
- Parsley – chopped for garnish
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting.
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- In a large large oven-proof skillet on med, lightly cook bacon. Drain grease and set bacon aside
- Put squash, olive oil, garlic, and thyme in a plastic bag and toss (I use a produce bag from the store).
- Put mixture in the skillet a and season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter bacon on top.
- Bake until squash is soft, ~25 mins.
- Top with cheese and bake 5-10 mins until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Either put skillet on table for self serve or plate individually and then garnish.