I am shamelessly posting a recipe for Disney’s famous churro bites that I found on line. I am sure that once the parks reopen, they will pull their generous offer and I want to have this gem in the future.
- 1 cup water
- 8 TBL butter (1 stick)
- 1.25 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon – divided
- 1.5 cups vegetable or canola oil (for frying)
- Mis en Place – premeasure all your ingredients
- Combine water, butter, salt and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in saucepan on medium heat.
- Boil mixture
- Add Flour – reduce heat to low and add flour slowly, stirring constantly until a ball forms.
- Rest 7 minutes removed from heat.
- Add eggs – add one at a time, stirring until integrated.
- Set dough aside.
- Mix sugar with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon for later.
- Heat oil in medium heat in 1 quart saucepan on medium/high until temperature reaches 350 deg. F. Hold this temp.
- Fill piping bag fitted with large star tip (with the dough).
- Pipe 1″ long strips into hot oil. Use scissors to cut the dough. Repeat until saucepan is full.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Toss dried churro in sugar until coated and place on plate to either serve or cool.