If you live in the vast open spaces of the American heartland, the nearest Indian market could be thousands of miles away, which means finding Curry powder can be challenge. While you could order it on Amazon, don’t you think they have enough money already? Isn’t it better to make it yourself? That way, you can nonchalantly mention during dinner when guest praise your entree that the secret was your homemade curry powder.
- 2 TBL Coriander – ground
- 2 TBL Cumin – ground
- 1.5 TBL Turmeric – ground
- 2 tsp Ginger – ground is better than grated to keep mixture dry
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon – ground
- 0.5 tsp Black pepper – ground
- 0.5 tsp Cardamom – ground
- 0.5 tsp Cayenne pepper or ground red chilies
- Mix all the ingredients together and keep in an airtight jar.