From entrees to deserts, a lot of fine food recipes call for cream Fraiche and while you can buy it, it adds a lot of cost and chemicals to your food, so how about instead, you just make it and wonder at the marvel of nature at work. This is a simple and easy recipe that only takes 2 days to complete, so you can quietly make it a couple days before your next big kitchen adventure.
- 16 oz Heavy cream – not ultra-pasteurized
- 3 TBL buttermilk – cultured
- Mix cream and buttermilk in a glass jar.
- The buttermilk contains enzymes that act as a catalyst for converting the cream to cheese.
- Cover the jar with cheese cloth (so it can breath).
- Let the jar sit on the counter (room temp) for 24 hours (to ferment).
- Screw on lid and put in frig for 243 hours before using.
- Will keep a couple weeks in the fridge.