This is a refreshing KETO friendly soup that’s easy to make. It is a great starter for a summer supper or outdoor party. Plus, it’s pretty cheap to make and hardly requires any mise en place since everything goes into a food processer or blender. And for all your engineers trying this recipe unsupervised, did I mention you get to play with your food processor?
- 3 Large cucumbers – peeled, deseeded, then sliced
- 1 Poblano or red bell pepper (optional) – peeled & sliced
- 3 Cloves garlic – smashed
- 12 oz Heavy Cream
- 16 oz Vegetable broth
- 3 TBL Wine vinegar
- 3 TBL Fresh dill – chopped
- 3 TBL Italian parsley – chopped
- Pinch of salt an pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Walnuts [optional] for plating
- Mise en Place – prepare you ingredients in advance of starting.
- Peel the cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds then slice into large pieces.
- Peel and deseed peppers if using.
- Put the pieces in the food processor or blender.
- Pour in the cream, vegetable broth, and vinegar.
- Press the garlic, chop the herbs, then add them to food processor.
- Purée the mixture until a smooth consistency is obtained.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least two hours in the Fridge or until ready to serve.
At plating, ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with walnuts (optional) and maybe some thinly sliced sundried tomatoes.
Note: To really impress your date or dinner guests, try slowly pouring a small amount of cream on top of the soup and using a butter knife to swirl it around creating a white on green pattern. If Guinness can serve their beer with a four-leaf clover in the foam, you can manage a swirl.