This is a nice recipe for a rice side dish or to use in other recipes, such as stuffed peppers. While it calls for a jalapeno pepper, don’t freak out; if you remove the stem, vein, and seeds, the pepper is not all that hot.
- 2 cups Long-grain rice
- 14 oz Sweetened coconut milk
- 14 oz Water
- 2 TBL Olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves – minced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper – seeded and diced
- 0.5 Shallot – diced
- 1.5 tsp Kosher salt
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting.
- Heat med sized pot on med-high heat.
- Add oil and let warm.
- Add shallot and rice and cook until rice is toasted (~2 mins).
- Add coconut milk, water, jalapeno and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer covered for ~17 mins or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let set for ~5 mins.
- Fluff with a fork