Chimichurri sauce is a great complement to any steak, it is a fresh cilantro and parsley sauce with just enough vinegar to wake up your senses. This is ideal for Flank or Flat Iron Steak, but can even be used to dress up a lowly hamburger. If you are that boring guy who always smears 57 sauce, or dare I say ketchup, on your steak, you need to step outside your comfort zone for some La Vida Dulce. Who knows, it could change the way you see the world and yourself in it.
- 0.5 cup Cilantro – chopped
- 0.5 cup Parsley – chopped
- 0.5 Onion – diced
- 1 TBL Garlic – crushed or pressed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 0.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 0.5 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 TBL Red wine vinegar
- 3 oz Olive oil
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Chill/rest in the fridge at least two hours in an airtight container to develop full taste.
- Let warm to room temperature before serving on top of the fantastic steak you just made.