This roux-based, Keto friendly soup is so rich and French that you won’t mind being on the Keto diet. The combination of chicken, ham, and cheese is what makes it special. It is so rich however, that if you serve this as a starter for your dinner party, just a little to tease to your guests, otherwise they won’t leave room for that main entree you toiled over for hours.
- 1lb Chicken – cooked and shredded, I use thighs
- 8 oz Ham – cooked and cubed ~1/4″
- 1 Cauliflower head – cut into florets
- 1 Onion – diced
- 1 Garlic clove – minced
- 16 oz Chicken Broth – or stock
- 16 oz Heavy cream
- 2 cups Swiss Cheese – shredded
- 2 TBL Butter
- 3 TBL Flour
- 2 TBL Olive oil
- 1 TBL Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Salt – or to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper – or to taste
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients prior to starting.
- Heat sauce pan on Med-high until warm.
- Add oil and butter. Once warm,
- Add cauliflower and onion and cook until onions are translucent (~10 mins)
- Add garlic and cook 1 min.
- Stir in flour and whisk until vegetables are covered.
- In stages, add add 4 oz of broth and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Repeat until both is used up.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer. Let simmer 15 mins.
- Puree the soup in a mixer or food processor. Put back in pan.
- Stir in chicken, ham, cream, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Allow to reheat then stir in cheese.
- Serve with freshly made French bread.