Grandma Dolin’s Holiday Torte
This is a great dessert that keeps for days in the fridge, but to be fair, it never lasts that long.
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 TBL sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz Whipped cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 20 oz fresh blueberries or a can of blueberry pie topping
- Mise en Place – measure and prepare your ingredients before starting.
- Make the crust
- Cut cold butter into flour like you do when making a pie crust.
- Mix ingredients with your hands until blended
- Using a half-sheet baking tray (9×15 – probably what most of you call a full size tray), press dough into greased pan.
- Poke crust with fork
- Bake at 350 for 15 mins or until slightly brown.
- Cool completely before adding topping.
- Make topping
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Fold in cold whipped cream.
- Evenly spread on curst and chill until firm.
- Cook blueberries in a small amount of sugar, like you do when making jam. Let cool. Or, open a can of pie topping.
- Spread blueberries on top of cream cheese mix and return to refrigerator.
- To serve, cut even sized squares using a pizza cutter of butter knife.